Monday, January 14, 2019

2019 Where did that come from

A lot happened last year and I blogged none of it so lets have a wee recap.

I started running in 2010 with the Couch to 5k program and was running 5k a few times a week up until 2013 when I injured my ankle. Life then got on top of me as I'm not good at saying no and my mental health started to suffer in 2014 and in 2015 I had a breakdown.
It has taken me a long time to come back from that with a few false starts and relapses in between. I'm now 49, asthmatic, I was 15 stone on the 1st of January, 4 foot 11 inches and on medication for anxiety. Not a healthy combination.
Last year I also lost my Dad to cancer in a very short space of time and was made redundant from my 20 year job.
I can't do anything for my age it's going to keep going up whether I feel like a big kid or not 
I'm not going to get any taller at this stage that growth spurt has gone.
I'm starting a new part time job in a couple of weeks.
The rest I can work on.
Roll on 2019. 
My cousin Shona suggested the RED January challenge for the new year as she knows I want to get back to running but kept finding excuses and she loves me enough to know when I need a push  .
So far ...
  • I've run 11 days and walked 3. 
  • My runs are still a combination of running with walking breaks but the runs are getting longer and the running breaks shorter. 
  • I've lost 4 pounds, 
  • My asthma is staying under control and I am working with my health center on reducing my inhaled steroids. 
  • I am feeling much calmer and much less panicky on a daily basis.

My Dad loved cycling and doing the cross trainer at the gym but said his knees would not hold up to running with me. Now I carry him with me in my heart when I run.



No comments: