Sunday, December 31, 2006
I've highlighted the ones I've done in red and just counted them and reckon I've done about a third of the list, quite a few are travel related so have given me places to think about going.
1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink - no to skint.
2. Swam with wild dolphins - no but would love to.
3. Climbed a mountain - yeap
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive - would love to do this but only if I can have Michael Schumacher as well :)
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid - nope but adding to my 'love to visit' list
6. Held a tarantula - NO! not good with spiders
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone - nope
8. Said “I love you’ and meant it - yeap
9. Hugged a tree - several times.
10. Bungee jumped - nope too scared.
11. Visited Paris - yeap
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea - well from land looking over the sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - past cybercrops :)
14. Seen the Northern Lights - nope but realy want to.
15. Gone to a huge sports game (and survived the crush afterwards) - nope but will go if its F1
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa - no but walked the stairs to the top of the Scott Monument in Edinburgh
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - grew peppers one year but didnt manage to eat it.
18. Touched an iceberg - nope
19. Slept under the stars - been camping as a girl guide
20. Changed a baby’s diaper - ewwwwwwwww no
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon - no but would love to.
22. Watched a meteor shower - yeap catch the leonid shower almost every year.
23. Gotten drunk on champagne - most other things but not champers
24. Given more than you can afford to charity - occasionally
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - yeap still got my telescope somewhere
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - probably in church
27. Had a food fight - yeap with the youth fellowship and possibly youth choir as well.
28. Bet on a winning horse - nope
29. Asked out a stranger - nope
30. Had a snowball fight - yeap but not for years
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - yeap usually when drunk or watching F1
32. Held a lamb - nope
33. Seen a total eclipse - well part of a total eclipse saw the total bit on telly
34. Ridden a roller coaster - years ago at the Glasgow Garden Festival
35. Hit a home run - not unless we can count school rounders :)
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - every time i get up to dance :)
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day - no - why would you?
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment - yes quite a few times.
39. Had two hard drives for your computer - trying to do that just now.
40. Visited all 50 states - nope but not been to US yet so havent started.
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk - lots of times
42. Had amazing friends - yeap and still do
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country - yeap if i can count England as foreign to Scotland :)
44. Watched wild whales - no but would love to.
45. Stolen a sign - oops yes a radiation warning sign from college. but it wasnt being used anymore
46. Backpacked in Europe - nope to lazy
47. Taken a road-trip - nope cant drive
48. Gone rock climbing - yes at dunagoil
49. Midnight walk on the beach - yeap possibly while drunk
50. Gone sky diving - nope to scared
51. Visited Ireland - no but also on my "love to visit" list.
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love - nope
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them - in a coffee shop not a restuarant
54. Visited Japan - nope
55. Milked a cow - nope
56. Alphabetized your CDs - years ago but not anymore
57. Pretended to be a superhero - of course with my school duffle coat.
58. Sung karaoke - yes badly
59. Lounged around in bed all day - ah the old days of student holidays.
60. Posed nude in front of strangers - eeeww No
61. Gone scuba diving - nope
62. Kissed in the rain - yes long time ago
63. Played in the mud - yes not as often as i'd like
64. Played in the rain - yes not that long ago
65. Gone to a drive-in theater - no
66. Visited the Great Wall of China - no but on "love to visit" list
67. Started a business - no
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken - no
69. Toured ancient sites - yes in Rome
70. Taken a martial arts class - yes got to purple belt in Karate
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight - never played Dungeons and Dragons.
72. Gotten married - no
73. Been in a movie - not that i know of
74. Crashed a party - not intentionally
75. Gotten divorced - no
76. Gone without food for 5 days - dont think so
77. Made cookies from scratch - made cakes from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest - no
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice - no but also on "love to visit" list
80. Gotten a tattoo - nope
81. Rafted the Snake River - no but have sailed on the Clyde
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert” - nope
83. Got flowers for no reason - yeap
84. Performed on stage - yeap at school and through church
85. Been to Las Vegas - no
86. Recorded music - yes was in an album recording with Scottish Baptist Youth Choir
87. Eaten shark - nope
88. Had a one-night stand - nope
89. Gone to Thailand - no
90. Bought a house - no
91. Been in a combat zone - no
92. Buried one/both of your parents - thankfully no
93. Been on a cruise ship - not yet but hope to soon
94. Spoken more than one language fluently - no rubbish at languages.
95. Performed in Rocky Horror - no but dressed up for a theme night of it.
96. Raised children (or…raising children) - no
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour - no
98. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country - no
100. Picked up and moved to another city to start over - no
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - no
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking - yes in someone elses car
103. Had plastic surgery - minor on my birthmark
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived - nope
105. Wrote articles for a large publication - nope
106. Lost over 100 pounds (cumulatively, if you count pregnancy! lol!) - not yet
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback - don't know
108. Piloted an airplane - no
109. Petted a stingray - yes at edinburgh sealife centre
110. Broken someone’s heart - dont think so.
111. Helped an animal give birth - ewwww no
112. Won money on a T.V. game show - no
113. Broken a bone - yeap cracked my upper arm
114. Gone on an African photo safari - nope
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced - no
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol - nope
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild - no
118. Ridden a horse - yes at guide camp
119. Had major surgery - nope
120. Had a snake as a pet - eewwwww no
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - no but have climbed to the top of Vesuvius
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours - easily
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states - nope
124. Visited all 7 continents - nope
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days - nope would prefer to sail
126. Eaten kangaroo meat - nope
127. Eaten sushi - nope
128. Had your picture in the newspaper - yeap normally for singing
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about - not sure
130. Gone back to school - well yes stayed on an extra year after secondary school
131. Parasailed - no but would love to
132. Petted a cockroach - ewwwwwwwwww nope yuck
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes ... yum! - nope
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey - nope
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read - yes picked up Shakespear after leaving school.
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - nope
137. Skipped all your school reunions - yeap
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - a smile goes a long way
139. Been elected to public office - no
140. Written your own computer language - nope
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream - no
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care - thankfully no
143. Built your own PC from parts - nope
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you - no
145. Had a booth at a street fair - no
146. Dyed your hair - no
147. Been a DJ - no
148. Shaved your head - Definately not. I'm keeping my long hair
149. Caused a car accident - not that i know of
150. Saved someone’s life - yes
Happy New Year
Sunday, December 24, 2006
Ok I think thats me organised at last :)
All my pressies are bought, wrapped and posted or handed out.
My christmas tree is up although the lights have just packed in, but i like it without the lights so not bothering with that now.
I've finished work, been to church and had a last dive to the shops
I've made my cranberry sauce and defrosted the chicken and have all the veggies ready to go.
My heating and candles are on, the videos set for favourite programes and i've even done the dishes.
I can now relax and enjoy the christmas eve night and christmas morning.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone !
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, partly cos i've never tasted Eggnog and a drink with egg whether it contains it or not doest sound that nice :)
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Hmm well my tree is just for me but when I was little I was of the santa wraps the pressies school of thought. I got main pressies from my mum and dad and family but santa brought little things.
Coloured lights on tree/house or white? coloured lights on my big main tree and white on my little hall tree but only cos its white and gold and looked silly with coloured lights.
Do you hang mistletoe? No but occasionally have holly if i can get it
When do you put up your decorations? mainly when i remember and can get time but usually around 12th Dec.
What is your favorite holiday dish? hmm i dont really have a favourite unless it something someone else cooked and did the dishes for :) I have christmas dinner just myself and have roast chicken and trimmings but my Dad and Katy always did a full roast turkey on boxing day for all the family and I loved that. Now Dad's retired the two of them are going away for christmas this year so have to feed myself on boxingday :)
Favorite Holiday memory as a child? oh, school and sunday school christmas parties as you could get a new dress and making snowmen on the few years it snowed at christmas,
When and how did you learn that Santa isn't real? He's not! Seriously dont remember.
Can you ice skate? A bit i can go forwards and back wards and in a wide circle but turning a tight corner has to be done at a walk.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I open one after midnight mass so technically very early christmas morning.
How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Artificial tree with tinsel, beads and baubles. I used to go in colour themes either red and green, blue and silver or red and gold. but mainly red and gold last few years.
Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it especially as i've bought new winter boots to keep my feet warm
What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Jesus birth. I'll be singing a lot with the church at various events and sheltered housing complexes this year
Do you remember your favorite gift? as a kid My Lundby electric doll house it had lights you could turn on an off and a tv and coal fire that lit up and my mum and dad had bought furniture to go with it. As a big kid - the new PC my mum and peter got me last year when i was angling for an external hard-drive :) and the digital camera my dad and katy got me a few years back and still going strong.
What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hot Christmas Pudding
What tops your tree? a silver Star on the main tree as it sits on a table you'd be looking up the skirt of any angel, my small tree in the hall has a little gold angel.
What is your favorite holiday tradition? Carol singing, we have a joint churches group on the island and try and arrange a saturday or sunday afternoon to sing in the town just for the fun of it not collecting for anything.
Which do you prefer giving or Receiving gifts? Honestly i prefer receiving as I never know what to buy for people, i do like to see them happy when they open gifts but i'm so paranoid about not buying the right gift that I can get quite wound up about giving.
What is your favorite Christmas Song? I have loads of christmas songs i like some carols some pop songs. My fav at the moment is one i sing as a solo called Gabriels Message that i first heard on the B-side of Stings Russians and now sing it in church
Candy Canes on the tree? Not on the tree to heavy for my branches but definately around the tree to eat.
I am going to tag Hazel, Jenny, and Amy Hopefully they'll play along! :)
Friday, November 17, 2006
This week have had my first ever visit to IKEA, which i've decided is my new favourite shop (after craft shops obviously) and i'm working on a list for next time i can go back with a car :)
Next weekend Ukscrappers are holding their 10th cybercrop with a harry potter theme - so browsing through the books for ideas and tips.
Thursday, October 19, 2006
'One Day in History' is a one off opportunity for you to join in a mass blog for the national record. They want as many people as possible to record a 'blog' diary which will be stored by the British Library as a historical record of our national life.
Write your diary here reflecting on how history itself impacted on your day - whether it just commuting through an historic environment, discussing family history or watching repeats on TV.
I had a migraine on Monday so had a lie in on Tuesday as it was my day off and got up around midday. Started the day with a bowl of muesli and mug of coffee while checking my emails and the latest news online. I then headed out to the Tourist Centre in Rothesay where I volunteer for our local genealogy group 'Bute Sons and Daughters' by helping people to start tracing their family history on the island. It was a quiet afternoon with only one enquiry but I did manage to find his grandparents and their family in our records. I had stew and chips for dinner and then out to our one screen cinema to watch 'The Sentinel' with lots of salted popcorn. The day had started off dry but chilly but by the time the film finished we had a downpour and finished the day wrapped up in a blanket watching television. before heading to bed with a book to read.
Friday, October 06, 2006
My storage unit arrived and it took me a whole day to unpack it and put it together, its actually really solid for a flat pack and the shelves and drawers are good and sturdy and a great size to easily hold all my craft bits including 12x12.
- I've put my various albums and 12x12 cardstock and papers on the top two shelves.
- My artbin satchels, organiser boxes, and sizzix cases holding unmounted stamps on the second shelf.
- The two small drawers hold photos, small 7 gypsies albums, peeloffs, mat stacks and rub-ons.
- The deep drawer holds 12x12 ziplock bags with pages in progress, page kits, scrap patterned paper and cardstock, 12x12 sticker envelopes holding various sizes of stickers.
- The shelf next to the deep drawer has my drawer unit filled with wood mounted stamps, on top my 8.5x11 cardstock, vellum and tag papers, beside it an A5 ringbinder with details of what stamps and punches i have and a similar binder with details of the clubscrap kits and stamps.
- The bottom shelves hold spare page protectors, an expanding 12x12 paper holder, a k&co kit still in the box to pretty to use, various plastic artbin and storage boxes and boxes of photos.
I think I may be organised at last !
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
I started making christmas cards so my christmas stamps and papers have somewhat taken over the living room and the new storage unit i've ordered for my spare room still hasnt arrived.
The cubes should be big enough to hold my 12x12 papers and cardstock as well as artbins and scrapbooks so I'm hoping it will really help clear some room off the desk and floor of the spare room and I might even find the carpet.
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
I went a little bit mad and bought a few bits and pieces, and then my local craft shop got in some scrapbooking kits and it was too nice to pass up.
So I now have quite a few christmas stamps, page protectors, stickers, some 7 gypsies albums on the way, an 8x8 mini album waiting for pics and a new coluzzle cutting system.
That then set me off looking for other coluzzle templates as its so easy to use.
On the work front - big shock - we got a payrise at last! Enought that I will put off looking for another job for the time being and just try and get my life into some sort of routine.
Flylady here I come.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Instead of the manic pace of a class or project every two hours over 2 days this time we had five days with one class, one challenge, one project and one game each day and instead of having teams and fighting for points we had four buses and all for fun. We had the choice of A-Z, Time, Holiday and Bom buses.
This helped most of us keep up a bit better this time and do layouts that actually fitted in our albums. Although I only manged four classes, one challenge and one project I still had a great week and scrapped lots of my holiday photos and tried some techniques I wouldnt have used other wise.
The classes, challenges and projects will stay up for sometime after the weekend so may still catch up and do some more layouts.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Tomorrow is the start of the UKScrappers cybercrop. Due to be a more relaxed time than previous cybercrops this one is over 5 days with a couple of classes and games a day with four themes or bus routes to help us work through some ongoing project or get a jumpstart on a new one. In order to get ready I have tidied my craft area and will go shopping for munchies later.
Thursday, July 27, 2006
The main body of the storm hit around 1.30am and lightening was so bright it was like broad daylight at times and although the thunder was really loud and fierce it also stayed quite a distance away giving long gaps between the lightening strikes and the rolls of thunder.
Then eventually just before 2am the rain started and came on heavy so quicky that our back yard flooded in just a couple of minuets.
The real force of the storm skirted round us and was over by just after 2am but it did help clear the air a little at least till this morning.
I LOVE Thunder and Lightening :)
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Tempers are starting to fray as the machine that dispenses chilled cans of juice is running low and no delivery due till middle of next week. I need to stock up at the supermarket and fill my fridge now!
Tidying my craft area was already going slowly then today I received 3 parcels of stuff for the cybercrop on ukscrappers next month and my desks a mess again. I will be organised for the cybercrop!
Sunday, July 23, 2006
Some will be ideas for scrapbooks or works in progess, some ideas of my ideal house layout and some dreams for the future and ideal use of money when my debts are cleared.
Right now I would love a tidy living room and some one to organise my craft stuff and catalogue what I already have. That can be this weeks project.