Friday, December 03, 2010
*This week, I'm going to give you a choice of fill-ins OR a different kind of fill-in (or both). A friend emailed me a list where you have to identify Christmas songs by the initials of the first words of the first line of each song. Each Friday until Christmas Eve I'll post 9 more of these songs and if you'd like to play along, great! So...here we go! *
1. The best thing about a birthday celebration is my mum singing happy birthday on my ansaphone.
2. I cant believe the speed of the passage of time.
3. I went shopping recently and the most interesting thing I bought was spices, sad but true :)
4. Doublers was a child's game played with tennis balls.
5. The reason is because!
6. Getting fed up of snow and cold.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Sleeping, tomorrow my plans include taking photos at Santa's Grotto and Sunday, I want to run!
2. TFNTADS: The First Noel The Angels Did Sing
3. GRYMGLNYD: God Rest You Merry Gentlemen Let Nothing You Dismay
5. SNHNAICAIB: Silent Night, Holy Night all is calm all is bright
6. OTFDOCMTLGTM: On the first day of christmas my true love gave to me
7. DTHWBOHFLLLLLLLL: Deck the halls with boughs of holly falalalala lala la la
9. JTTWTLHC: Joy to the world the lord has come
Wednesday, December 01, 2010
It's that time of year again, Journal your Christmas with Shimelle.
I started JYC in 2007 did some more in 2008 and read the prompts in 2009 this year 2010 I'm going to at least keep notes (every day if I can).
Dec 1st - Manifesto - why am i doing this? much the same reasons as I did in 2007.01Dec07
Friday, November 19, 2010
Saturday, October 02, 2010
- Stampin' Up! launch their new catalogue (i may have to hide my credit card)
- The Running Bug have launched their new look site (still trying to find my way around)
- Me the Abridged Version reaches week 3. still working on weeks 1&2 need to catch up :)
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Thursday, September 09, 2010
Tuesday, August 03, 2010
Sunday, August 01, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
As my main focus is weight loss the fitness instructer suggested I start with the cardio-vascular machines.
So to get used to the equipment I did 5 min warm up on the bike, 5 mins on the rowing machine, 5 on the cross trainer and then hit the tread mill. Once I got up to speed and used to the fact of running with out going anywhere I kind of liked it so did a 20 min run. Obviously forgetting at that point I'd already run 28 minutes in the morning.
My thigh and calf muscles were complaining all day Tuesday. Must make sure to go to the gym on a rest day not a running day.
Felt easier on the treadmill but really boring just looking at the machine or myself sweating in the mirror I found myself daydreaming about my normal route round the park.
Monday, July 12, 2010
It was 8:20pm when I headed out and being cloudy it seemed quite dark under the trees in the park. I decided to do a shorter circuit so I didn't have to run through the wooded part but it meant two and half short circuits rather than one and half long ones which mentally seemed harder but I did it.
Monday, July 05, 2010
Friday, July 02, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
I may not be the fastest runner out there but the teenagers hanging round the park that sniggered when I ran past on my first lap didn't look quite so smug when I ran past them the second time :) Very satisfying!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Friday, June 11, 2010
Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Sunday, June 06, 2010
Was very warm on Thursday but I managed out in the evening and completed my W4D2 run. Still found the 5 min runs very hard but didn't kill me and I didn't have jelly legs but was really tired after my shower so had an early night and forgot to update the blog. Sorry :)
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
W4D1 5 minute warm up walk, run 3 mins, walk 1.5 mins, run 5 mins, walk 2.5 mins, run 3 mins, walk 1.5 mins, run 5 mins (faster tempo!) 5 minute cool down walk.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Week 3 Run 2 done and dusted.
Nice sunny evening with cool breeze to help me forget I'm running!
Monday, May 24, 2010
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Its running till 30th Jan and next Wednesday (27th) they are doing a special £10 show to raise funds for the Haiti Earthquake appeal. If you havent yet seen it I'd highly recommend going along.
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
But its now been two weeks, its not snowed again, we still have below zero temperatures and now ice skating rinks instead of pavements.
I'm officially over the fun of snow and want the sunshine to come back!
Unlikely I know :(
I'm actually starting to wish we could get the heavy snow that Englands getting as then I might get the day off work.
Apologies to those who are getting the heavy snow and hate it or to those without snow and ice who want some.