Sunday, July 18, 2010

Catch Up Again

I am a bad blogger! I think I overdid it at my Gym induction on Monday evening.

As my main focus is weight loss the fitness instructer suggested I start with the cardio-vascular machines.

So to get used to the equipment I did 5 min warm up on the bike, 5 mins on the rowing machine, 5 on the cross trainer and then hit the tread mill. Once I got up to speed and used to the fact of running with out going anywhere I kind of liked it so did a 20 min run. Obviously forgetting at that point I'd already run 28 minutes in the morning.

My thigh and calf muscles were complaining all day Tuesday. Must make sure to go to the gym on a rest day not a running day.

Wednesday
Managed the last 28min run of Week 8 on Wednesday, did it at the gym on the treadmill as winter had descended on Scotland

Felt easier on the treadmill but really boring just looking at the machine or myself sweating in the mirror I found myself daydreaming about my normal route round the park.

Thursday
I had a rest day but felt the need to do something so went for a swim, its been a couple of years since I was last swimming but managed 26 lengths in 30 mins.

Sunday
Managed the first run of week 9 a full 30 min run with no stops using mapmyrun my route was 3.17km so quite pleased with that.

No comments: