Monday, July 12, 2010

Catch Up!

THURSDAY
I managed out for the first run of week 8: 28 min run.

It was 8:20pm when I headed out and being cloudy it seemed quite dark under the trees in the park. I decided to do a shorter circuit so I didn't have to run through the wooded part but it meant two and half short circuits rather than one and half long ones which mentally seemed harder but I did it.

FRIDAY
Traveled over to see my Aunt in Ayr. My Uncle picked me up from the boat and took me to lunch first. I was good had jacket potato with beans cheese and salad :) Visited my Aunt at the hospital, she is on a mask all the time to help with her breathing but not on oxygen and is able to chat and is still very much herself under there. Got to meet one of her care team who is coordinating her move to the hospice and all her equipment. Was really please he seems confident and professional and knows exactly what she needs.
The hospital only allows visiting for an hour at a time so we headed back to the house for a sandwich tea with cream cakes, and then back out in the evening for another visit. The out for a drink with my cousins and chips and cheese on the way home.

SATURDAY
Lie in and then watched free practice and qualifying for F1 at my cousins with all his gadgets. Big screen telly, timing info on laptop and driver tracking on the iphone :)
Another visit to my Aunt at the hospital. She was feeling brighter and giving instructions to my Uncle and cousin for the move on monday. Then time to leave and my cousin ran me back to the boat in his Honda sports car. very nice shame it was too wet to put the roof down :)

SUNDAY
Long lie again to recover from weekend and got up to watch the F1, managed some housework and had a lazy day.

MONDAY
Day off as I expected to be at end of C25k Week 9 and had put in for the holiday 2 months ago. With having days off however I'm only on Week 8 so went out today for my 2nd run of the week, 28 mins done and dusted! I felt really good and when the podcast said 1 min to go I really thought I had longer left. Came home and did my weightwatchers weigh-in and I've lost 3lbs this week so thats 7lbs since starting running. Really pleased.

No comments: